Why Google My Business is Important for Local SEO
One of the basic SEO strategies is to rank your website at the local results through different technique including geo-localize search terms into your strategy as well as tweaking Google My Business profile. This way you have to compete with lower number of direct competitor and achieve results easier. For instance – local search results are IP based and are the ones that appear when someone searches for a business or service in a specific city or locality. If someone searches for “gym near me,” the local search results will show a list of gyms in their area.
Google My Business (GMB) profiles are the listings that appear in Google Maps and local search results. Wire range information about a business, such as its address, phone number, website, photographs, hours of operation, and reviews can be published. Of course reviews and photographs can be submitted by clients and also appear in the results. There comes the term Google Business Optimization that is a technique that doesn’t deffer a lot from the basics of SEO and some more information can be found at the official Google source – “How to optimise your Business Profile on Google“.
Both local SEO and GBO are important for businesses that want to attract customers in their local area. Local SEO can help businesses rank higher in local search results, and GBO can help businesses create and manage their GMB profiles.
The Importance of Long-Tail Keywords
Long-tail keywords are phrases that are more specific than short-tail keywords. For example, the short-tail keyword “dentist” is very broad. It could refer to any dentist in the world. However, the long-tail keyword “dentists near me” is more specific. It only refers to dentists in a specific location.
Long-tail keywords are important for high conversion because they are more likely to be used by people who are actually looking for a business or service. For example, someone who searches for “dentists near me” is much more likely to be a potential customer than someone who searches for “dentist.”
Steps to Optimize Your Website for Local SEO
Starting with basics of SEO and claiming your business at Google My Business are the first steps.
Here are a few tips:
- Claim and verify your Google My Business profile. This is one of the most important thing you can do for local SEO.
- Create listings in local business directories. By submitting your website to local directories you can gain edge in your SEO campaign and create authority in local community.
- Use relevant geolocalized keywords throughout your website content. It is a good idea to include location names in your text content, as well as meta keywords, meta description and headings.
- Keep your link building strategy strong and relevant.
- Responsive website optimization or optimization for mobile phones is one of the best way to get more traffic to your business.
How to Optimize Your Google My Business Profile
In addition to optimizing your website for local SEO, you should also optimize your Google My Business profile. Here are a few tips:
- Profile Completion: complete every section in Google My Business profile, fill out all essential information first and then move onto the creatives.
- Use relevant keywords in your profile – same as regular SEO use search engine friendly titles and descriptions, this helps a lot.
- Get reviews – the more positive reviews you get the higher CTR you will get to your profile.
- Respond to reviews – don’t leave negative reviews without reply, actually reply to all reviews that you receive.
- Upload photos: – create a weekly schedule for photo uploads.
Local SEO and GBO are important methods to get more client in your local area. By optimizing the websites and Google My Business profiles, businesses can improve the visibility in local search results, build trust and credibility and get more sales.
The Importance of Long-Tail Keywords for High Conversion
Long-tail keywords are important for high conversion because they are more likely to be used by people who are actually looking for a business or service. For example, someone who searches for “dentists near me” is much more likely to be a potential customer than someone who searches for generic term “dentist.”
When someone searches for a long-tail keyword, they are usually more specific about what they are looking for. This means that they are more likely to be interested in your business if you rank for that keyword.
In addition, long-tail keywords are less competitive than short-tail keywords. This means that it is easier to rank for them in search results.
If you want to improve your website’s conversion rate, you should focus on optimizing it for long-tail keywords which includes name of city or locality. If your website appears on the top of the results and on the map and has descriptive title, together with comprehensive description, most likely you will convert them into clients.